Sunday, January 14, 2007

Funding proposal

At the moment I am contemplating putting pins in my eyes, swallowing a broken glass, jumping down the stairwell - anything but this funding proposal, which is crawling along at an ungodly 15 words an hour. I wish I was exaggerating. Part of the problem - no, wait - the whole problem is that I am not the slightest bit interested in my proposal idea: it is so dull, I can't even be bothered to repeat it here. It was my third idea, after all. The first two were a bit more interesting, but they had already been done somewhere in the world, so I had to switch. I suppose this would be flying along a lot faster, but I have been taking regular breaks every 3 minutes to check my email, eat chocolate, download songs, draw pictures and then colour them in... It's all incredibly demoralizing and makes me wish I'd never started this MA programme in the first place. Then there is the strange phenomenon which Dan mentioned the other day, which is when you are working on something you start getting really inspired about things you would like to read or do. In this case I have had some brilliant ideas for comic stories I can do, and my doodling has really improved 100% since last week, but I frustratingly can't justify drawing when I should be extrapolating costs for an imaginary project which is never going to get put into practice. Where's the justice in that? I'm going for a walk.

2 comments:

Dýrið said...

MATTHEW! (yes, shouting)
Don't forget to bring your crack into college tomorrow because after we turn this bloody thing in there will be some serious crackeoke!
Cannot wait to sing Bohemian Raphsody and all my other specials!

Dýrið said...

ps you have to ajust the settings in your comment-system to allow everybody to comment, not just other bloggers!
kata