Friday, December 14, 2007

Poetry Reading




Katy and I seem to be having a surprise date once a week, which is quite fun. Last night she took me to the Whitechapel Art Gallery, where there was a poetry reading by a poetry group called the Lazy Birds.

The last time I went to a whole evening of poetry reading, it was dreadful. I only remember one guy who made the rhyme "two recent divorcees from human resources", but that was the highlight.

These guys were a lot better. My favourite was Sjaaak which was a kind of Brechtian operatic poetry, but very funny too.

I drew some sketches - think I'm getting a bit better at representing people, but still need a bit of work. I'm using the technique with 9b pencil and blending stick which Anthony Zierhut uses on his sketchblog. Have a look.

No comments: